Monday, May 13, 2013

My Final week at the MTC

Wow, does time fly. I've gone through a whirl wind of emotions. And I've really come to love the time that I've had here at the MTC, in all honesty I'm not ready for it to be over, but ready or not, Florida, here I come. The MTC presidency must have known I was leaving because they called M. Russell Ballard to speak at last nights devotional just for me. as the devotional was starting they had us stand, that's never happened before so we already knew it was someone special. and tonight my companion and I were singing in the choir. As the audience was standing they opened the doors and we saw "an apostle right before our eyes" sing it to popcorn popping on the apricot tree, please :) we could feel his spirit from the second he walked in. and even more cool his grandson is here at the MTC preparing for his mission.
Elder Ballard spoke to us about how "we know enough" sometimes we think that we come to the MTC to be taught but really the things we learned growing up, in primary, in young mens/womens, seminary, sacrament meeting, at the feet of our parents.. that's what we'll be teaching our investigators. He also said that since the beginning of time Heavenly Father has always trusted young people. and it's so true, Nephi, Daniel, Joseph Smith, and us teenage missionaries. He has a lot of faith in us and if heavenly Father knows I can do this then so do I.

Travel Plans!! It was the craziest thing last Thursday when our new district leader Elder Shuler handed us our itineraries. It was a reality check that soon the MTC would really come to an end and the mission in Tampa would begin. The next day we received letters from our cute mission president and his assistants. It's really happening. On Monday at 4:00 a.m. I'll be on a shuttle to Salt Lake City. sometime after 7:00 a.m. we'll be on a flight to Atlanta Georgia for a 50 Minute layover and by 3:00 p.m. we'll be getting off the plane in Florida ready to greet our president and his wife and begin our mission out in the field. There are 24 other elders and sisters flying with us. It's going to be an exciting day.
I've learned a lot from being here at the MTC. and I would NOT change it for anything in the world. Those of you who are contemplating a mission, pray about it, but don't ever let the fear of the unknown hold you back because this place is incredible. and it's only a glimpse of what the field will be like. As much as I've grown from being here I can't comprehend what I'll become by the end but I know that it'll be great. Heavenly Father is aware of me as he is each of you, and I know that as I do his will he will make my weaknesses strengths, Last night Elder Ballard said, "you are all miracles." When people not of our faith ask how much do you pay your missionaries? what do you bribe them with?" and hes replies NOTHING, They come by there own free will and choice, to serve their Heavenly Father they are just shocked, It truly is a miracle, this work is a miracle and as we do his work we will see and perform miracles. I love you all and I love this gospel of Jesus Christ. The atonement is the GREATEST gift and its each of ours. We are literal spirit children of our Heavenly Mother and Father. Take faith in that knowledge. When I heard that it gave me greater understanding of my Father in heavens love for me.
Next time you hear from me I'll be in Florida.
Hermana Hafen

Missionaries come in all shapes, and sizes! :)
A Teacher at the mtc took a picture of us, he said this is something new since we've had more sisters, arts and crafts :)
Quotes that our cute teacher Hermano Houghton left us :)
Me and Hermana Moody at the temple last Wednesday, she's from STG, Snow Canyon, I love her so much!!

No comments:

Post a Comment