Monday, June 17, 2013

Loose yourself in the work, without loosing yourself

This is my goal for this week. 

After my silly situation I've been trying so hard to do everything exactly right, and well opposite of the way things were before so much that I've forgotten to be me. As silly as that sounds. So my cute companions and I had a little inventory last night to talk about the work. It's the hot topic in every missionaries life I'm sure :) and how we can improve. As we talked it all lead back to love. Love them, love everyone that we teach, that we talk to, "Loving others is at the heart of our capacity to obey God" I was astounded by this quote that Hermana Carson shared with us, but isn't it true. 

So this week I'm going to love everyone more, YOU at home, my companions, my branch, my fellow missionaries, my investigators OF COURSE and everyone that I talk to.

This week was great, and it feels like every week they just keep getting better.

I have to tell you all that I love this gospel. I already knew that and that is why I'm out here, but I love it more now, more than I knew was possible! I don't know if this is common but I think before my mission I complicated things. I didn't recognize the simplicity. It's simple and beautiful. God is our loving heavenly father. He created us in his own image. He has this plan for us, each one of us and he is so aware of our situations, goals, dreams, struggles, and heart aches. Have faith and trust in him, because he sees beyond what our human eye can see. From everything we learn and grow, and become better, if we choose to. Joseph Smith was a prophet of god and we have the priesthood, the same priesthood Jesus Christ had when he established the church. We are on the earth to prepare to meet god. As you read the Book of Mormon you find all of the instructions. I love this Gospel and I know that it is true with all that I am. If you don't know it yet, read The Book of Mormon, ask god. Because you can have this same knowledge. 

I love you, 
Hermana Hafen

No comments:

Post a Comment